History Explorers for Kids: Life on a Farmstead
July 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this program, children will learn about life in the Swannanoa Valley 200 years ago, and then spend time being “history detectives” and guessing the uses of several historic artifacts. The program will end with a “What would you bring?” activity in which children will plan what tools they will need to bring for their own life on a farmstead. Designed for K-4th Grade.
About the History Explorers Series: The museum’s History Explorers series helps children delve into a variety of topics on the ecology and history that make up the legacy of the Swannanoa Valley and the Appalachian mountain region. Taking place outside in a shaded, socially distanced environment, the activities challenge children to ask questions about historic artifacts, play historic games and explore the life cycles of butterflies.
LOCATION: Taking place in the shaded lot behind the Black Mountain United Methodist Church (101 Church Street, Black Mountain, NC 28711), next to the ca 1938 “Church House.” Public parking is available behind the church. The church faces West State Street in downtown Black Mountain. The lot and public parking can be accessed by turning on to Church Street from West State Street, then turning left into the parking lot.
PRICING: Event is free for museum members and their children, but attendees must register beforehand. Event is $7.00 per person (adults and children) for non-members. Group pricing is available for groups of 10 or more, at a price of $5.00 per person. Contact the museum at email@example.com for more details.
COVID & ATTENDANCE POLICIES
- If the museum receives less than 10 signups for this event, the event will be canceled. Any payments will be refunded.
- This event is held out of doors, with a limit on attendance to allow for social distancing. The activity takes place in full shade and water will be available.
- All children or groups of children must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- All museum staff will wear masks and all attendees are required to wear masks except for children under 5.
- Staff will inform attendees of a cancellation by 5pm the day before the program. Registrants can transfer their payments to another upcoming children’s program or receive refunds.