Refund Policy: For some of our events we require prepayment to reserve your space. You may pay this amount through PayPal, by sending a check to the museum at PO Box 306, Black Mountain, NC, or by bringing cash to the museum during normal operating hours. Please let us now as soon as possible if you can no longer participate in an event you have signed up for. If you cancel 48 hours before an event is set to depart, you will receive a 100% refund. If you cancel 48 hours to one hour before the event you will receive an 80% refund to cover any cost we incurred planning for you to attend. If you are a no-show, you will not receive a refund. (In some cases, you may transfer your prepayment to a future event, less the upfront cost to the museum.)
Pet Policy: Pets (except service animals) are not allowed on any of our hikes or events.
Important Rim Hiking Policies:
- The museum will not make accommodations for individual makeup hikes or credit done on individual hikes. Credit will only be given for scheduled group hikes.
- Those who are unable to attend on the planned day will have succeeding years to complete their hikes.
- If the Museum cancels a hike (due to weather, etc.) a makeup date will be announced. We will try to reschedule the hike for the following Saturday if possible.
- Hikers are expected to start and complete each hike with the group on the scheduled hike day.
- The purpose of the Rim Hike series is not only to physically cover the territory but to interpret history, point out landmarks, etc. in a safe and professional way. Our hiking policies allow us to do this successfully.